The rest of this article is organized as follows: We present our newest results in section 2, before providing multiple ways to contact the author in section 3. Section 4 gives a short version of the author's CV, while section 5 discusses related work along with the author's academic publications. Finally, we conclude with a short summary and outlook in section 6.
In this section, we present a chronological listing of significant news, e.g., changes in the author's contact details, and other facts that we find fun, relevant to our interests, or otherwise noteworthy.
- New challenge () Sven is now employed at AUDI in Ingolstadt. Please note the updated CV in section 4.
- PGP key refreshed () Please download the refreshed key or reload from your preferred keyserver. We have also reworked section 3.2 to cover the details of the change.
- Vires in numeris () Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day - I should go to Claudio's in the evening but doubt that he would accept BTC...
- Facebook+LinkedIn () Anticipating a longer stay abroad, we extended section 3.3 to include even more social networks - feel free to get in touch. There is also a weblog, but you will have to ask about the URL ;-)
- May the force serve you well () Happy Star Wars Day - and prepare yourself for Towel Day!
- A life is like a garden. () Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Rest in Peace, Mr. Nimoy.
- Maximum security () In addition to providing a 'proper' SSL certificate for quite some time, www.sven-radde.de now uses 'strict transport security' and actively redirects unencrypted requests to HTTPS, thus avoiding insecure connections as far as possible.
- For the record () The author wishes to put on record that we welcome our new Imperial overlords.
- RSS-based automated updates () All our recent results are also published in the form of an RSS newsfeed at www.sven-radde.de/feed.rss from now on. Feel free to query this feed with the newsreader of your choice have yourself informed automatically about the exciting news on sven-radde.de
- PGP key and social media () In the hope of providing both more secure and more convenient ways to contact the author, we have expanded section 3 to provide our PGP keys and also to give some links to profiles that we maintain on various social networks.
- Fully operational () Finally, the former main website of sven-radde.de redirects to www.sven-radde.de, marking the transition to our new website as complete. In addition, we have installed an SSL certificate to allow users to access www.sven-radde.de via HTTPS.
- Related Work () Following reviewers' comments, we chose to replace our previous listing of publications by a proper discussion of related work. We plan to expand this section over time when we encounter new relevant works.
- Sa tida! () The author's doctoral thesis is officially published and all formalities have been fulfilled. Effective today, the author has acquired his doctoral degree. To celebrate the occasion, we have created the special subdomain dr.sven-radde.de. Feel free to update your bookmarks. ;-)
- Camera ready () After some minor revisions, the new website was published to www.sven-radde.de. We would like to note that it is hosted on our Sheevaplug home server.
- Submitted for review () The first release of the new version of sven-radde.de was deployed on a publicly acccessible web server.
The contents of this section will be expanded as part of our ongoing work. Furthermore, they are available as an RSS newsfeed for your convenience.
In spite of the increasing prevalence of alternative communications channels, direct email messaging is still our preferred means of communication, due to its universality and flexibility. In case you do not know an email address that can be used to reach the author, the form detailed in Fig. 1 is provided for your convenience. Note that all fields are required.
You are accessing this website over a secure connection which will hopefully frustrate any would-be eavesdroppers. In particular, all information that you submit via the above form is sent encrypted to the author's mailbox which Sven will also access over encrypted connections only. For additional security, PGP end-to-end encryption keys are provided, as we will describe in the following subsection.
In order to improve the security of our communications against eavesdroppers, we encourage our correspondents to encrypt all messages to the author using the PGP/GnuPG keys provided in Fig. 2 below. If the receivers have indicated an interested in secure communication or if we find it otherwise appropriate, we will also routinely sign+encrypt emails that we send out, generally irrespective of their content.
The author's main key (
0x944890C4) should be used as the primary encryption target when communicating with Sven.
Note that this is key is now also used on Sven's mobile device, as it is stored on an NFC-enabled security token. To this end, new subkeys are been deployed since July'16, so please refresh your keyring. The older, dedicated mobile key (
0xA45F477B) has been obsoleted/revoked.
In addition, we use a dedicated key for our FSFE account (
0x80F8AD6C) whose primary key is kept 'offline' with the day-to-day subkeys being stored on the author's fellowship smartcard.
|main/desktop key||0x944890C4||3072D||B65E 8051 BF46 B751 1F46 5C78 ABEF C341 9448 90C4||sven.asc|
|mobile key (obsolete)||0xA45F477B||2048R||89C4 A177 6A06 4BDD 221B F79F 660D 5BA6 A45F 477B|
|FSFE fellowship key||0x80F8AD6C||3072R||CC07 1840 57F2 A68A 692D 4912 956B 5AEA 80F8 AD6C||sven-fsfe.asc|
We are generally happy to verify the above-mentioned fingerprints in personal meetings and to engage in keysigning activities. You should not solely rely on the information in Fig. 2 to establish the authenticity of the author's key, even despite your connection to sven-radde.de is encrypted using SSL.
In addition to sven-radde.de, we maintain social networking profiles on
that you can use to get in touch with the author professionally and personally.
Alternatively, feel free to connect using or Facebook or -if need be- the author's virtually inactive Google+ account.
You may also be interested in Sven's profile pages with the FSFE and the Scrum Alliance.
Sven can also be contacted by using the
9H99ZMCX or the
Request a mobile phone number to connect through Signal and even WhatsApp.
For the sake of legibility, this section gives only a brief résumé of the author's work and education experience. A complete CV can be provided on request.
|2016–present||IT Project Manager. AUDI AG, Ingolstadt, Germany.|
|2012–2016||Senior Project and Software Engineer. MIRS Consulting GmbH, Burghausen, Germany.|
|2006–2012||Research Assistant. Institute for Information Systems and Software Technology, University of Passau, Germany.|
|2001–2006||Student (Diploma). Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Passau, Germany.|
|2000–2001||Military Service. Gebirgspionierbataillon 8, Brannenburg, Germany.|
|1991–2000||Student (Secondary School). Finsterwalder Gymnasium, Rosenheim, Germany.|
In this article, we have presented the personal website of Sven Radde. Apart from providing some news, we focused on presenting a contact form and showed a CV and the author's publications. The entire process of creating this website supports our initial claim that is possible to combine at least the following three benefits when building websites: create content that is at least modestly useful to the general public, experiment with modern web engineering technologies, and have fun along the way.
|[Ada14]||Scott Adams. Dilbert.com: The Official Dilbert Website. http://dilbert.com/fast|
|[BRF07]||Matthias Beck, Sven Radde, and Burkhard Freitag. Ranking von Produktempfehlungen mit präferenz-annotiertem SQL. In Proceedings der 12. GI-Fachtagung für Datenbanksysteme in Business, Technologie und Web (BTW'07), volume 103 of LNI, pages 82–95, Aachen, Germany, March 2007. Gesellschaft für Informatik. In German. PDF|
|[Cha97]||Jorge Cham. Piled Higher and Deeper. http://phdcomics.com/|
|[Cha13]||Jorge Cham. PHD Comics: A need-based model in characterizing nano-informatic structures. http://www.phdcomics.com/archive_journal.php|
|[ERPF07]||Jan Ehrlich, Sven Radde, Axel Polleti, and Burkhard Freitag. Designing an E-Learning Platform for Reading Comprehension. In Proceedings of the E-Learn World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare & Higher Education, Quebec City, Canada, October 2007. AACE. PDF|
|[Mun06]||Randall Munroe. xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language. http://xkcd.com/|
|[Mun09]||Randall Munroe. xkcd: Academia vs. Business. http://xkcd.com/664|
|[Mun10]||Randall Munroe. xkcd: Computer Problems. http://xkcd.com/722|
|[PH98]||Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull. The Peter Principle: Why Things Always Go Wrong. Harper Perennial, August 1998.|
|[Rad05]||Sven Radde. Ein System zur Verifikation von Webdokumenten mit temporaler Beschreibungslogik. Diploma thesis, University of Passau, July 2005. In German. PDF|
|[Rad13]||Sven Radde. A Layered Conversational Recommender System. Doctoral thesis, University of Passau, July 2013. PDF OpenAccess-URN|
|[RBF07]||Sven Radde, Matthias Beck, and Burkhard Freitag. Generating Recommendation Dialogues from Product Models. In Proceedings of the AAAI 2007 Joint Workshop on Intelligent Techniques for Web Personalization and Recommender Systems in E-Commerce (ITWP-RS'07), Vancouver, Canada, July 2007. AAAI Press. PDF|
|[RF07]||Sven Radde and Burkhard Freitag. SIPREACT - Kontextsensitive Beratungssysteme. In Workshop-Proceedings der 37. Jahrestagung der Gesellschaft für Informatik, volume P-109 of GI-Edition LNI, pages 259–262, Bremen, Germany, September 2007. Gesellschaft für Informatik. In German. PDF|
|[RF10]||Sven Radde and Burkhard Freitag. Using Bayesian Networks To Infer Product Rankings From User Needs. In Proceedings of the UMAP 2010 Workshop on Intelligent Techniques for Web Personalization and Recommender Systems (ITWP'10), Big Island, Hawaii, June 2010. PDF|
|[RGF06]||Sven Radde, Liubov Gordienko, and Burkhard Freitag. An advanced interactive language teaching platform. In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Multimedia and Information & Communication Technologies in Education (m-ICTE'06), volume 1, pages 270–274, Sevilla, Spain, November 2006. FORMATEX. PDF|
|[RKF08]||Sven Radde, Andreas Kaiser, and Burkhard Freitag. A Model-Based Customer Inference Engine. In Proceedings of the ECAI08 Workshop on Recommender Systems, Patras, Greece, July 2008. ECCAI. PDF|
|[RZF09]||Sven Radde, Bettina Zach, and Burkhard Freitag. Designing a Metamodel-Based Recommender System. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on E-Commerce and Web Technologies (EC-Web'09), volume 5692 of LNCS, pages 264–275, Linz, Österreich, September 2009. Springer Verlag. PDF|
|[Sch13]||Christian Schönberg. The web presence of Christian Schönberg. http://www.cschoenberg.de/|
|[SKA05]||Jeremy Stribling, Max Krohn, and Dan Aguayo. SCIgen - An Automatic CS Paper Generator. http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/|